Riverside Animal Clinic in Grand Forks was started in 1985 by Dr. Penny Kuhn, who operated the clinic until July 31, 1994. Dr. Carol Hagen then purchased the clinic and changed its name to Petcetera Animal Clinic. Dr. Hagen graduated from Kansas State University in 1987.
Due to the flood of ’97, the building on S. 3rd St. was destroyed. The clinic was temporarily transported to Dr. Hagen’s garage until July of 1998.
During this period, a new building was being constructed, located at 1150 40th Ave. S. In August of 1998, the Doctors and staff were able to once again operate in a veterinary hospital setting.
In November of 1999, Dr. Rod Gigstad moved over to Petcetera Animal Clinic from Kindness Animal Hospital where he had been employed since graduating from Kansas State University in 1985. Dr. Gigstad and Dr. Hagen owned and operated the clinic until December 31st, 2017.
Dr. Stacy Lord then purchased the clinic in January of 2018. Dr. Lord’s vision is to carry on the Petcetera that clients have come to know, love, and trust.
Since its beginnings, Petcetera Animal Clinic has grown from a “1/2” doctor to a 5-doctor practice. The animal clinic has seen a wide array of clients, including everything from a 3-foot-long iguana to a diapered duck, but a vast majority of our patients are dogs and cats.